Jun 18, 2012

Dallas


I don't know if this qualifies, but this is my (including family) first trip since I've started this blog, meaning we will get on the plane and will stay in a hotel. This trip is for 4 days to Dallas for US Junior Volleyball Nationals. Officially, this trip started few months ago.

Step one was registering for the hotel via THS (some organization that we must go thru to book the hotel). Basically, every team member says that they are going and THS books the appropriate number of rooms. I did check the price via other means (Expedia.com and the hotel's web site) and THS did have the best deal.

Step two was to decide if we wanted to drive or fly. Time vs Money. Time won and we've decided to fly. Going thru various web sites (expedia.com, travelocity.com, aa.com, southwest.com, kayak.com, etc) I found that kayak.com has a cool feature that sends the email every day with price of the travel. After few days, and figuring out that everybody except Southwest charges for luggage, I've decided to book tickets with Southwest. Unfortunately, our flight leaves early in the morning from Midway, meaning very little sleep.

Then, I tried to figure out how we are going to get from airport to hotel. There is a discount for shuttle, but they charge for each person the same amount. I found a site that can price a taxi. Taxi ended up being almost  half the price! We will be taking a taxi.

The day of arrival will be the only day for site seeing. I don't know what we are going to do other then visit the place where Kennedy got shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment