Nov 2, 2012

Back from Israel. Part 1

We are back from Israel. I am finally over the jetleg, so here is a post-mortem of the trip.

First of all it was a great trip. It was exausting, but it was worth it. We have achieved everything we wanted to achieve and more! The pictures are posted. If, for some reason, you can't access them, let me know. It's probably more fun to watch them with my commentaries. :)

Any way...

- Communication: the unclocked phone worked. There was a need to buy a SIM card AND minutes. SIM card came without any minutes. Also, for those of you who have microSim, I could not find one. I am glad I brought a phone that had a regular SIM card. Somehow, I burned all the credits that I bought pretty fast. At least I was able to communicate my number to US and then people were able to call me, since incoming calls are free on that SIM card. If someone is going to Israel during next 11 months, let me know and we can make a deal on the SIM card :)

- About flying. In Zurich, we had a layover of 3 hours. It is a safe bet, but 1.5 to 2 hours is enough. Passengers had to go thru security check, but did not have to take the bags. Since we lended pretty early (about 6am local time) there was no lines other then people from the same plane. On the way back, in Toronto, we had 2 hours. I would recommend to make sure you have at least that much. The problem is that first, you need to pick up your luggage and second, there are a lot of passengers going to US via Toronto. We had to wait for the luggage and security check.

Stand by for Part II.

2 comments:

  1. So much writing and not a single mentioning about chocolate. Re-write the whole thing!
    Make Sveta write Part II. She will put more emotions into it. Complete lack of suspense, drama or controversy. Two thumbs down for Part II. 21 rotten tomatoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete