Jul 18, 2012

Parents never have bad advice!

After my dad read my last post about ATMs, my dad told me I should look for a credit card that does not have international fees and use credit card as much as I can instead of cash. At least someone is reading my blog! :)

First thing I did was check with my current credit card. They told me that every international transaction will have an additional 3% fee!

Google to the rescue! Using Google, I found out that most of the credit cards do have international fees ranging from 1 to 3%!!! A little more searching revealed that there are few, not that many, that do not charge international fees. A little more digging and I found out that there are only 2 or 3 that in addition to not charging international fees, they do not charge monthly fees either! One was designed for the travelers. They were giving points that are good on travel related stuff (air fare, hotel stays, etc) and one was giving cash back. It could be that since our kids are old enough to stay home on their own, we may be doing more travel, but I think cash rules! So, the winner is Capital One Cash Credit Card. They have no fees (international, nor monthly) and they give 1% cash back with additional 50% of the bonus at the end of the year. I applied and should get the result at the most withing 15 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment